Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome to my new programming blog

I learned Cobol and C at the National Computer Center in Camp Aguinaldo, but let me tell you, that you can learn programming on your own, only it may take you longer. A former colleague who was into Physics learned Java on his own and now occupies a top position at a banking institution.

I programmed for my MS thesis and PhD dissertation during my graduate days, both times on Crystallographic patterns. I have taught an introductory C programming course for BS Mathematics students.

I know a smattering of languages but my current favorite is Python. Am familiar with Forth,Cobol, C++/C, Pascal and Fortran. If necessary, I can program in Perl, Lisp and other inscrutable languages.

Programming involves an inquisitive, ordered and trained mind. Hard to believe but programing is applied Mathematics! Though janitors in India are supposed to know Java Enterprise programming, let us be productive in the days ahead in this blog. The blog will be a repository of ideas and daily experience in computer programming for the PC and other devices and for the web.

And we may go into independent software development when the time arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment